Well, dis dog been busy. The clinic officially opened on May 1st and it has been crazy here!
I got here on Opening Day and it has been mass hysteria ever since. Basically here's a brief rundown of the events of the last 2.5 days.
1. Every piece of veterinary equipment has at least something wrong with it. For instance, the dental cleaning machine has a jacked up connector for the water connection. We had the sales rep come here this morning to try to fix it. After 3 different trips to Lowe's, and about 3 hours of time slipping by, we are back in the exact same situation that we were when we started. So that pretty much ate up the entire morning. We were supposed to perform 3 dental cleanings this morning. Not quite.
2. I spent an hour on the phone, after my boss spent an hour on the phone, with the technical service dude. We finally got the printers working, because nothing was printing to the right printer. It's kinda funny when you print something and you think it's gonna come out of the printer right beside you, only to have the computer networking gods slap you in the face by sending it to a printer....in China. Just kidding, but you get the point.
3. I'm still trying to plod my way around the computer software that we have for the clinic. It's a new brand of software (for vet clinics) and so it's completely foreign to me. I'm pretty dang computer savy, but it's taking me a long while just to get the basics down.
4. Just trying to remember to give the clients their rabies tag is all I can do.
Keep on keepin' on.
No comments:
Post a Comment