Well, at a table were two girls of 25 years of age. They were Kansas State grads, and were very nice to let us sit at there table. One of the girls had gotten up, and I didn't want the other one to feel weird, since there were 4 complete strangers sitting at her table with her. I introduced myself and she did too.
Then she told me what the other girl's name was. She said, "Her name is Brooklyn. And her middle name is Cleveland, but her friends call her Detroit."
To which I replied, "Of course they do. What else would they call her?"
I don't know why, but I think that is pretty dang funny. It should be a movie, or a song at least. So now I'm trying to figure out how to write a song about a girl named Brooklyn Cleveland, but goes by Detroit.
After the concert ended, we started to head home, and just as I was turning out of the parking lot, I saw a P.O.S. car stalled in the right lane, with no lights on at all. I swerved to avoid hitting it, and I decided to stop and see if I could help (Maybe not the smartest decision I've ever made, since it was 1:30 A.M., and they could have killed me, but I digress.).
This is the scene. There are two men of about 25 years of age, a women in her early 20's, and a 9 month old in the back seat. One of the men is at the front of the car, and the other is in the driver's seat. I asked them if they are O.K., and they really didn't answer me. Odd.
I asked the guy at the front of the car if he was with them, and he said, "No."
I then asked, "Did you just walk up here to help them?"
"Yes," he replied.
Very odd.
I then ask the driver what's wrong with the car......No answer. I asked him if he could turn on his hazard lights......No answer. I ask them where they want to push the car. One of them said they wanted to put it back in the parking lot.
So I almost single-handedly push the car the 30 yards or so back into the parking lot. I then ask the driver if he has help coming. He looks at me blankly and says nothing. I ask him if he needs anything else. He says, "No."I then realize that there is not anything else for me to do, so I say good bye and run back to my truck.
They didn't even thank me. Not surprising though, is it?
Keep on keepin' on.
No comments:
Post a Comment