
Have you ever thought about how much your life would be different if you had simply made 1 different choice? I'm talking about a seemingly small and insignificant choice, made rather quickly, that ends up changing the direction of your life.
Well folks, that one descision for me was diving into the world of online poker.
Almost three years ago, one of my friends started talking about playing cards "online". I thought he was crazy, putting his money into a shady offshore website that was going to surely steal his money. And so, when I realized that he wasn't getting robbed (well, at least not by the casino.....oh wait, he was. It's called the rake kids, but that's for another day), I thought to myself, "This doesn't look that hard. You mean all I have to do is sit in front of my computer, click the mouse, and watch the money fly into my clammy hands?" Sign me up.
Ahh, the mind of a child, how innocent and sweet.
It was crazy of me to think that this game we try to play would be so easy. Now years later, I sit looking like I just left the ring after a round with Mike Tyson (in his early days, not his "I'm hungry, so I think I'll eat Holyfield's ear" days). If I've learned anything about this game, it's that variance is a dirty whore that will sweet talk you into going up to that hotel room. Hey, what can it hurt? It's all fun and games until someone looses a penis. That's when you realize that you have to pay for the "services", and yes, you may actually loose a penis for what you did.
What am I trying to get across to the world? It's that the swings can be horrific, and don't ever get cocky. You have to remember that skill only accounts for a small percentage of advantage in this here game that we play. Any session can be the greatest ever, where everything goes right You laugh at the mules cold-calling 3 bets w/Q3os (don't you just love the gay waiter?) when you have Cowboys. Or, when people continually fold to your bluffs, semi-bluffs, and what-have-yous. That's when you think that you are the greatest player in the world (a.k.a Phil Hellmuth, whatever), and that you can do no wrong.
Oh, but the pendulum has to swing the other way, now doesn't it? And that's where I am today, and where I have been for the last month and a half. Judas Priest, it hurts like a mother trucker when it goes wrong. Don't you hate that feeling, when you can't figure out why you just got slapped for the 15th time by that dude named "ilovecrayons" or some other idiotic name? That cat wouldn't know a good hand if it came up and bit him like a130 lb. "rockweiler" on a poor little kitty.
Well, I hope that you enjoyed my virgin leap into the blogging world. We will talk to you later.
1 comment:
Good luck with the new site. The next test is to see if you can keep cranking out new material for month after month!
Post a Comment