I decided to not play poker last night, as I'm still trying to calm down from the incredibly bad session yesterday. I did have a really great session a few weeks ago. It all went down to one hand at a limit table. I had QQ in MP. This was my 2nd hand at this table, so I didn't have a read on anybody. There was a raise in front of me, one caller, and I make it 3 bets to go. Four of us see the flop of Q7J rainbow. I start dancing on the ceiling at this point (oh what a feeling, when we're dancing on the ceiling, sorry Lionel). Initial raiser bets out, next dude calls I raise, then something crazy happens. Then remaining players decide to hang on and start throwing virtual chips around like mad. The four of us stay in with it capped. Then the turn brings what I didn't want, a Ten, and as bad as I've been running you'll see why I was scared. Again, the betting was like the flop, same bat time, same bat channel. I am practically screaming at the computer to pair the board. Hold on sports fans, I gotta hold the suspense.......the river brings a glorious Ten. By this time everyone calms down and the other 3 of them call my raise. I took down a huge pot and was very happy after that. I remember thinking that now maybe my luck/karma/bad mojo had turned around. Oh poor, poor Forrest Gump, he tries so hard. Yeah, I realize how futile such thinking is, but it's hard not to. The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Start rant: Well, it's the end of the work week (cheers & applause). Only it's not really the end of the work week, because I, like most veterinarians, have to work on Saturdays. The fun part about Saturdays, is that you get to examine a full days worth of patients in less than a half day. In other words, imagine doing all that you have to do in your job in a normal day, then compress it into 1/2 that amount of time. Oh, and do it on Friday, and add a lot of frustrated people to the mix. Why are they frustrated you may ask? Because they had to *shudder* wait a little while in a doctors office. Oh the humanity. If they only realized that they, like everyone else waiting, all decided to get fluffy examined all at the same time. Bottleneck ensues. End rant. Whew, I feel better.
Tomorrow brings in the Astros first World Series EVER!!!! So for you sports fans out there, this is a "white socks free weekend". Now is the perfect time to bring out those brown socks that your grandpa wore. Yippee!!! I was getting tired of wearing boring white socks anyway. I might even break out the brown polyester pants *shudder*. And I wonder why I'm still single.
I'm gonna look at a couple kitties that I'm gonna have to neuter this morning. Ah, I love the smell of testicles in the morning......wait, that didn't come out right. Ah, forget it.
-------------------------------------------------------
What follows here is a new award I have just created. What's that you say, there's an award to be given? Yes there is kids. It's called the "I Got Taken To The Cleaners Award" (by the way, I feel absolutely horrible for what happened to this person). I realize that many people out there know absoultely nothing about dogs, other than they are fun to play with and they look cute when they're small (hence the reason that "satan in dog form", a.k.a. chihuahuas, are around). This one takes the cake. It starts by my technician telling me that I have to examine a 10 month old maltese puppy. Sounds fine enough. She then tells me that there is no way that this dog is that old. By the odd look on her face I realized pretty quickly that something was up. I walk in expecting the worst. I see a 18-19 year old girl with her cute new "puppy" complete with a bow in it's hair (insert oooohs and aaaaahs here). I start my exam by looking at the dogs teeth, since that's how we estimate age in animals. What I saw caused my jaw to drop, which doesn't happen very often unless she walks by. This dog had about 10 teeth left in it's rotting mouth (which means that this "puppy" is really about 8 years old or more). This dog made these dudes look healthy. This girl goes on to tell me that she saw an add in the paper for a maltese "puppy". The lady meets her at a store parking lot (BAD idea kids), shows her the dog, and pulls out an envelope with records and AKC registration papers. The girl finds out that this dog is ONLY $500. What a steal!! So she runs to the ATM and buys herself a "puppy". She calls the veterinary clinic that is on the "records", only to find out that they have no record of this breeder or the dog. The girl then looks through the rest of the "papers" only to find blank printer paper. Rugh row Shaggy, we have a crime here. Let's call the Fred and Daphnie to solve this mystery.
Exhibit A: Shady location to buy a puppy.
Exhibit B: A good deal for only $500
Exhibit C: Naive girl
Exhibit D: Fake papers
Exhibit E: Smart, attractive, and single veterinarian..... wait that's not an Exhibit
Exhibit F: All phone calls made to the seller are left unanswered.
Conclusion: This girl just paid a HELLUVA lot o' money for an old dog. Oh yeah, the breeder will get hers in this life or the next. I HATE criminal/shady breeders. "You're in big trouble mister" (said while shaking my finger at the screen). Bonus points if you can name the TV show.
So the "I Got Taken To The Cleaners" award goes to......... drum roll please..... the girl with the maltese "puppy".
That's all for now, now enjoy watching the Astros. Keep on keepin' on.
No comments:
Post a Comment